Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, September 30, 2011

Countryside Birthday

Hi there!

This is a card I made up yesterday. The truck image makes a nice masculine card which I can always use more of. This is from the Countryside stamp set from Stampin Up and also includes a sentiment from Vintage Labels from SU.


For papers I used gracen red solid (Making Memories), black (SU), solar white (Neenah), and playtimes past jack & jill from Graphic 45. I used black ink Versafine, wheat and red brick from Versamagic. I colored this with my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.

The other items I used are ticket punch (SU), square punch (EKS), large labels die (Spellbinders), buttons, brads, linen thread (SU), sanding block to attempt distressing, and ribbon that I did twice to make it wider.

Thank you for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Such a handsome card! Love the coloring and the rich, warm tones! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card, as always you coloring is nicely done. and your choice of designer papers with the colors and this image are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!