Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Butterfly Smile

Hi there!

This is a card I made for some challenges I found that gave me a chance to use an old stamp and a border technique I learned in making my final Spellbinders DT submission recently.

By the way, speaking of Spellbinders, I wasn't selected for the Spellbinders Design Team last week, but I am grateful that I made it to the final round.  I'm dissapointed, but the other designers were all SO talented.  I will be posting my 3 projects I made for the 3 rounds, probably sometime this week if you are interested in seeing them.

Anyway, this card I made shows the border technique I did using the dies they sent me for the final round.  It comes out really pretty with a dramatic color choice..


I'm entering this in 2 different challenges.  The first challenge is WT362 - Ways to Use It - Borders on your creation on Split Coast Stampers.  The second, is Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge #RRR42 - use pink and brown with ribbons. 

For ingredients used:

Stamps: Boxed Wishes (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU), Mocha Devine (Bazzills), Chocolat Papillon (S.E.I)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (Palette)
Accessories: Large Labels Nestibilities Classic Petal Edgeabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon: white (RRR), brown - Lush (MME), pink w/flowers (Celebrate It - Michaels), pearl thread, button, brads (SU), adhesive pearls, Tombow marker #761, Prismacolor pencils: chocolate, pink rose, deco pink, and blush pink.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 

Blessings!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful design and pretty border.
    So glad you could join us at
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kathy, I really like the PINK and brown combo, and I really like the border that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your cards are always so beautiful! This one is as well. I love the color combination and the border is so neat!I also want to let you know how much I appreciate your testimony for the Lord! You are a great encouragement not only in the designing of your cards but spiritually as well. Thanks so much! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card hun!!! Love the border edge too :)
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Pink and brown challenge with ribbon!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!