Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's a Boy Thing - Color Challenge - Elphine House Australia

Good Morning!

It's time for another challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time the team challenges you to use a blue/green color combo on your card/creation.  You can use ANY Elisabeth Bell image or stamp.  The winner is selected randomly, and will win 2 stamps of their choice!  Here is my take on the challenge this week.



This was a fun challenge for me to use something other than pink and green as I have been lately!  It also gave me a chance to use a brand new stamp from EHA named "Tommy Splashing Puddle".  Isn't he cute and typical for a boy!  I love the little frog leaping!

Elphine House Australia has added 4 new stamps to their website by Elisabeth Bell. In addition to "Tommy Splashing Puddle", there is:

"Carrie Swan Princess"
"It's a Boy!!"
"It's a Girl!!"

You can find these here on their website to check them out!  They're all adorable!

I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits on solor white paper from Neenah, and used some new paper I got named "The Guy Stack" by DCWV, perfect for boys too.

For ingredients used:

Stamps: Tommy Splashing Puddle (EHA)
Paper: White (Georgia Pacific), Solar White (Neenah), The Guy Stack (DCWV), Sizzix Cardstock Brights (DCWV)
Ink: Black Oynx (Versafine), Spanish Olive, Wheat, Turquoise Gem(Versamagic)
Accessories: Sponge, adhesive buttons (Stickopotamus), hemp cord, burlap fabric (Jo-Ann's), buttons (Dress-It-Up), boat sticker (old SU colored over with pencils), star punch (Fiskers), large Petite Scallops Nestibilities, Standard Circles Small, Standard Circles Large (Spellbinders), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils.

That's it for now.  Hope you can join in the Challenge at Elphine House!

Blessings!

Kathy



2 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Kathy, A perfect BOY image! Nicely colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kathy!! This is super sweet!! Love your added sailboat accent to match the image!! Fabulous take on the colors!! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!