Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our Daily Bread Designs Create or Use a Scene Challenge -ODBDSLC97

Happy Saturday!

It's time for another Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week the challenge team would like to see you use or create a scene on your card.  The scene does not have to be a stamp, it could also be on your designer paper.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, February 24th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.
While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award.Inorder to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have yoursubmission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, February 24th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC97. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.



Here is my sample for the challenge this week! 




I used the Light if the World Stamp Set from ODBD to create my scene. I stamped the image with black onyx ink from Versafine on a light tan pattern paper from the Heritage DSP, and then colored it with black Prismacolor pencil without any blending...just wanted to try something new. I eventually added a little color with chocolate and goldenrod pencil to tie in the ribbon a little. I kind of like the way it came out.

For ingredients used:

Stamps: Light of the World (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: black (SU), iced cocoa (Coredinations), Heritage Scrapper's (HOTP).
Ink: black onyx (Versafine), midnight confession (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Parisian Accents, Classic Ovals Large, Labels 18 (Spellbinders), metal art (K&Co), silk ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), craft pick, Prismacolor Pencils, Antique scissors (The Creative Memories Collection).

For more inspiration for the challenge, visit my talented Design Team Members!



Thanks for stopping by and for your wonderful comments!  Have a great weekend!

Blessings! 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Kathy!! I adore your layout and use of dies!! Gorgeous coloring and choice of colors!! The distressed sentiment and the piercing are the perfect finishing touches. Love it!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot....Have a great weekend!! Congrats on your copic certification!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card! Love the colors you used...even though it's not pink and green LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Kathy!! my favorite lighthouse scene, and you did it justice!! love your colours, your frame just pops the picture, and love how your verse stands out!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the colors you chose and The Light of the World is so striking on this card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo soooo pretty Kathy!!! I love the black and white dp and the SB Parisian accents and framing!!! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card,kathy!! love the rich, warm colors you used!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the elegance of this card and yet it is masculine as well! So rich and gentleman-like . . love the little diamond brass bits accenting the die cut! A winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, sweet friend, this card is beyond words beautiful! Love those striking colors and your choice of Spellbinders! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!