Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our Daily Bread Shining the Light Challenge - ODBDSLC95

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs! 

This week's challenge:
Since it is February and we are acknowledging national heroes (President’s Day) or people who are special to us (Valentine’s Day) in the U.S. , the challenge team is challenging you to acknowledge and case a crafter you admire or a creation you admire changing just two elements to make it our own.

Please let us know who you cased and leave a link to their creation as well as tell us what you changed.
To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, February 10th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award.Inorder to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have yoursubmission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, February 10th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC95. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

This is my take on the challenge:

This is a CASE of a very sweet lady who I totally admire for her talent and also for the special person she is, Pat Smethers.  Here is the card I cased.  I changed the colors and added a ribbon and bow.  This is actually a very pretty sketch that I've never done before, not like me to go outside the "box".  This is the second card I made, as the first card didn't make the "cut", lol.  I have since finished the first card and will post it in the next couple of days.

Here are the ingredients I used:

Stamps: Eternity (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Botanical Collection (Prima), Witch Hazel, Palo Verde, Safari, & Citrus (Bazzills)
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Elegant Oval Frame Custom ODBD Dies, adhesive pearls (Recollections), pearl gems  (K&Co), burst 3/4" punch (Fiskers), petite petals (McGill), medium branch punch (Martha Stewart), fanciful flourish pie (Cheery Lynn Designs), flower (Recollections), wrinkled ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Old Fashioned Olive embossing powder (SU), stylus.
Now on to our challenge teams inspiring creations for this challenge:


Please note the designers link, challenges used and the stamp set they used is listed under each creation. If you take a moment to leave the girls some love at their blogs, I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.

Me

That's it for today!  I hope to see you join in on the challenge this week and encourage someone you admire!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. O.k. Kathy...I think it is time for me to case your case. I love it!! Your design with the colors, flower detail and overall design is stunning!! You sure cased sweet Pat beautifully!! So elegant and feminine!! Can't wait to see your next card as well. I am sure it is gorgeous my friend.

    Have a great weekend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card Kathy! Pat is such an inspiration and you have captured the essence of her style. I love the lovely blossoms, flourishes and that focal panel! Such a beautiful and elegant way to frame it! Lovely! Blessings to you and have a great weekend playing with those new Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card, kathy!! love all the wonderful details... pat will be so thrilled when she sees your card!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL Kathy!! I love your card, wish I could have cased you..., it is so sweet and femeinine with all your pretty flowers, and my favorite cherry lynn flourish die,the perfect touch, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as can be and a sweet tribute to the ultra talented Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very beautiful, Kathy!! A work of art. . from the flowers to the offset frame and everything in between. It is so soft and beautiful, so rich in detail and so capture the essence of Pat's beautiful style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Lovely. I think Pat will be pleased and honored that you cased one of her cards! Especially when You have done such a wonderful job on your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love your colors, and you cased Pat's card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Kathy this is just amazing! You sure chose a great gal to case... and you did it beautifully! Love the dp and pretty flowers... everything!!!! Super job!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card & love the colors & sentiment. Your colors are just gorgeous & everything matches so perfectly.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!