Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs - ODBDSLC98 Non-Regular Shaped Card

Happy Saturday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week the challenge team is challenging you to think outside of the box....Create any card or project that is not an A2, A6, or A7 rectangular or square card. It can be a different fold (diamond fold, joy fold, easel, accordion, step, sidestep etc.) or a different shape.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, March 3rd at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award.In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, March 3rd at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC98. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge this week, an easel card!


Here's another view so you can see the inside when it's opened.



A close up of the image. 

 The inside close up.


I haven't done one of these in a long time, it's almost like making 2 cards the way I decorated the inside! These are fun to do though and they really come out special.

This beautiful image of the watering can and flowers, is from the Happy Birthday Set from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits. (Wow, how I LOVE to color!)  This is the first time I've used set,  I had it in my head that I wanted to do a card with purples and yellow...nice and spring-like and I thought this set would be perfect!  The white lace and trim on the inside are from my RAK package I received from Sabrina :-D.  I LOVE yellow and white together!


For the ingredients:

Stamps: Happy Birthday (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co), Plum Pudding (PTI), Solor White (Neenah)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories: Labels 20, Fleur de Lis Squares (Spellbinders), Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs), Medium Branch Punch (Marth Stewart), Branch with Leaves (Sizzix), flower (Recollections), lace & trim (my RAK), ribbon (scrapbook store), adhesive pearls & swirls (Michaels), white gel pen, Prismacolor Pencils

Now for more inspiration for the challenge, please visit my Design Team Sistahs and see their gorgeous creations!


*****

I'm submitting this to the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #16 "Frame-It", to use a frame somewhere on your design. 

*****
I'm also entering this in the latest Stampin' Sister's in Christ Challenge #127.  This week the challenge is to use flowers on your card/project.  The Bible Verse is 2 Cor. 2:16b.

Scripture:
2 Cor 2:16b . . ."to the other the fragrance of life."
In reading this verse and the words from Peggysue on the challenge post, it reminds me of all God has blessed me with.  I hope my blog in some way reflects God's Love and shows others the wonderful Peace and Joy He can bring to them no matter what their circumstances are.  I have had many trials, and God has ALWAYS been faithful to me and has brought me through them becoming stronger and more able to help others. 
I love the LORD!

Blessing!

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Oh how exquisite and beautiful, Kathy!! I just love the purple and yellow combo, the die you used for framing the image, your coloring and details. Gorgeous easel design!! Have a great weekend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kathy! I love how spring like your easel card is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kathy!! what a masterpiece of a card, I love the can full of gorgeous blooms!! the fleir di lis die, and the cherry lynn flourish leaf die, adds just the right touch...Beautiful hun: Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you have used one of my favorite dies and styles of cards - the expressive easel, and what a gorgeous palette of spring colors!! Love all the little details - the butterfly, the pearls, and the lace! Your coloring is fantastic! The inside is as pretty as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your easel card is so lovely Kathy! The coloring on the flowers makes me think I can reach out and touch them! So beautiful! What a wonderful way to celebrate the season of our risen Lord and Savior! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, girl, this card is beyond amazing!!I love the colors you chose and all of those wonderful embellishments! Everything just flows so beautifully together!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness, kathy... this is just gorgeous! love the colors you used and all the beautiful details you added! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely combination of yellow and purple! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo pretty! Love the image!!! Good luck and thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! Beautiful colors and love all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi kathy: Your card is really lovely. It's always such a blessing to find bloggers who love to use scripture in their art. I'd like to invite you to check out Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog, where our only requirement (ever) is to use scripture in your art. We'd LOVE to have you join our challenges. I hope you can check it out at: www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, this is beautiful. Lovely design and image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!