Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spellbinders Design Team Contest - Round 1

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that I wasn't selected for the Spellbinders Design Team.  I am happy to have made it to the third round though.  Thought I would show you my entries for the contest so you can see what I made and maybe give you some ideas.

Today I'll show you my first round entry submitted back in December.   I made a Christmas ornament using the Lacy Squares Dies from Spellbinders.  I had just received them in the mail, all excited to have something new, and came up with this ornament within a couple of hours...VERY unusual for me.  God was definitely with me on this one!  This is the picture I submitted to Spellbinders, not the best, but we could only submit one!




Here's the back, all finished off nicely.



Here's a closeup of the front.



This was really simple to make, once I figured out what I wanted to do.  I just glued 2 of the larger die cuts together with the ribbon running through so it's hidden, then 1 diecut each of the next 3 smaller sizes.  I then just matted them with white and designer papers from the Glad Tidings Paper from K&Co, I LOVE these papers.  The 2 stickers with "Joy" and "Jolly" are Word Adhesive Chipboard pieces also from Glad Tidings.  The 2 little corner edge pieces above and below "Jolly" are the leftovers from the Fleur de lis Edge Punch from EKS with Diamond Stickles on them.  The white snowflake is just a button that I threaded the ribbon through in the bottom circle of the larger die.

Here are the full list of ingredients:

Stamps: None
Paper: Glad Tidings (K&Co), Ruby Slipper (Bazzills), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: None
Accessories: Lacy Squares (Spellbinders), Glad Tidings Word Adhesive Chipboard (K&Co), adhesive pearls, Fleur de lis Edge Punch (EKS), Diamond Stickles, snowflake button, ribbons (Michaels).


I think this makes a nice Christmas Gift and you can do lots with this one design.  I hope this gives you a little inspiration for gifts to make!

Blessings!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy, it's super gorgeous! You'll get 'em next time, darlin'!!!! Love and hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kathy! Fabulous design! Very creative! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just amazing, kathy!! i'm with angie...you will get them next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. . .and so is the stair step card with the beautiful blues, birds and butterflies. Lovely work!! SO thankful to have the opportunity to work with you at ODBD! Hugs and blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant Kathy!!! Gorgeous ornament!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning and gorgeous Kathy!! It is definitely Spellbinder's loss. You are uber talented!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant ornament! Your work is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!