Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spellbinders Design Team - Round 2 Submission

Hi there,

Here is my Round 2 Submission for the Spellbinders Design Team Contest that I did the beginning of January.  This time I made a center-step card.







I made this using the center-step card instructions on Split Coast Stampers which you can find here.  The flower image is from the Plant a Little Love Set from JustRite.  I colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits and accented it with Copper Microbeads from Martha Stewart.  The 2 die cuts on the front, as well as the one inside, are from Spellbinders' Fleur de Lis Squares.  The border on the inside is from their Parisian Accents Shapeabilities.

For all the ingredients:

Stamps: Plant a Little Love (JustRite)
Paper: Kraft (Papertry Ink), Mariposa Mat Stack (DCWV), gold (DCWV - Neutrals), Parisian Breeze DSP, Baja Breeze (SU), Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils - Bronze, Muted Turquoise, Light Umber, Tombow Marker - True Blue, mineral spirits, dazzling diamonds, adhesive pearls, monarch butterfly punch (MS), 2-step bird punch, beautiful wings embosslits (SU), ribbon, rhinestone, flower (Michaels), copper microbeads (Martha Stewart), Paper Lace II embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Fleur de Lis Squares, Parisian Accents Shapeabilities (Spellbinders).

That's it for the 2nd Round, hope this gives you a little inspiration!

Blessings!

Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation, Kathy! Fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Kathy, this is breathtaking!! Love that color combo, your coloring...everything!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Kathy!!! Sorry you didn't make it this time... but there will be more chances and you did an incredible job on both projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, just like Sabrina, said in a comment above me, Your card is breathtaking...The colors the details are wonderful...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh!!! This is fabulous!!! Love the design, love the colors, love everything!! It's gorgeous, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kathy! Love the colors and the design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy - this card is STUNNING. I love the color combination and the sheer design of the card. How could they NOT pick you as a winner. Love that sweet little bird which completes your masterpiece. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Kathy!!!! Beautiful colours, stamp and detailing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh la la Kathy!!! Stunning!! I just love the colors and your use of dies. Sheer elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card absolutely blows me away. Blues and browns are one of my favorite color combinations. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!