Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, May 19, 2012

ODBDSLC109 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge:
is a sketch!!!



To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, May 25th at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, May 25th at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC109. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
Here is my take on the challenge this week!  I really love this sketch!  I think I'll be using this one again!


I used the Dreams Stamp Set for the quote and the bird, which was just released this month  The flourish below the quote is from  Flourished Verses Stamp Set recently released.  The Dreams Set is perfect for Gratuation cards and projects.
For ingredients used:
Stamps: Dreams, Flourished Verses (ODBD)
Paper: Little Black Dress (Basic Grey), Basic Grey (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Piercer, lace (RAK), Paper Lace II Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), flower (Recollections), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), Medium Branch Punch (Martha Stewart), Elegant Ovals Die (ODBD/Spellbinders), Labels 18 Die (Spellbinders)
For more inspiration on the ODBD Challenge this week,  please visit the other ladies and see their gorgeous creations!  You can also see them all together here on the ODBD Blog!
Hope you are able to join in on the challenge this week!

I'm also submitting this to the latest Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge to use any type of animal, bird, or bug.   Also, Word Art Wednesday Challenge #28 using Scripture or an uplifting quote or sentiment.  Lastly, Basic Grey Challenge #68 - Anything Goes.
Blessings!  Kathy

16 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Kathy!! I just love your use of stamps, the colors, and the added elegant touches. Gorgeous take on the sketch. Have a great weekend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the flower and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the blue/grey tones, the layers & stamps combo and that flower is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Kathy, girl, what a gorgeous and absolutely elegant card!! The colors are fabulous and so perfect!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card..love the paper design and colors..and yes love the sentiment. Going to go check out the challenge.thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous, Kathy. I love the sketch, and you've done an amazing job with it. I'm so grateful to you for sharing your beautiful art with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday, and I wish you to best of luck in the random draw. Thanks for playing along! Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kathy, I really like what you did with the sketch. I just hope I find time to play...Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant looking card. I love that lace. Thank you for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the lace and the flower on it. And love the big pearls.

    Thanks for playing along with WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow... what a gorgeous, gorgeous card, kathy!! i just love the little pop of color from the beautiful rose! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kathy!! Gorgeous, love that dsp it goes so well, looks so elegant & rich...beautiful verse..it just pops in the frame you created!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Kathy! Love what you did with the sketch! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, what a beautiful take on the sketch!! I'm so glad you decided to share it with us over at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! This is a stand-out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful, Kathy. Classic and elegant and love, love, love those colors. . .so soothing. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!