Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Distressing or Tearing - Elphine House Australia

Hi there!

It's time for a new challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time the challenge is to use distressing or paper tearing on your card or project.  The only paper tearing I usually do is by accident, and the only distressing is on how I'm going to get done on time LOL!!!  I recently bought a new distressing tool which made it much easier.  Here's what I came up with!

Here's the front of the card:



And, here's the inside:



This is another new Elisabeth Bell stamp from EHA called Fairy Faye Flying High.  Isn't she cute!  I colored her with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits trying to match these pretty Fairy Belle papers from Prima.  These papers are gorgeous!  I wanted to put the wings on the front, but I didn't like the way it looked so I put them on the inside.  When you turn the wings upside down, it kind of looks like a tulip...I may use that sometime!

Here are all the ingredients I used:

Stamps: Fairy Faye Flying High (EHA), Short & Sweet (SU)
Paper: Fairy Belle (Prima),  Solar White (Neenah), white (Georgia Pacific), Baja Breeze (SU), plum/rose cardstock (DCWV Cardstock Stack)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Aegean Blue (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Labels 8, Wings of Hope Dies (Spellbinders), Elegant Scrollwork Die (Memory Box),
Word Window, Modern Label Punches (SU),Flower Burst 3/4" (Fiskers), distressing tool, Baja Breeze Seam Binding (RAK/SU), flower (Prima), Prismacolor Pencils, mineral spirits, adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), Gold & Diamond Stickles, Aleene's Paper Glaze, microbeads (Martha Stewart)

To join in the challenge, you can use any Elisabeth Bell stamp or digi image.  The winner will be chosen randomly and will recieve 2 Elphine House Australia Stamps of their choice!  That's very generous!  Here's a link to their Blog to check it out: Elphine House Australia Blog

I'm also submitting this to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #49 to use flowers and ribbons which you can find here

Thanks for visiting today!

Blessings!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! You were randomly drawn as a winner this week at Word Art Wednesday. I have contacted our sponsor with your email contact information, and they will be in touch with you to let you know how to redeem your prize.
    Thanks for playing, and please join us again this week.
    Details on our blog.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your image is beautifully colored, and this sentiment is perfect for on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!