Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Burgandy Rose - Flourishes

Hi there!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!  Today I have a card I made for the latest Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #204.  This week we need to use a fishtail, pearls, and a circle.  It took me a while to figure out what a fishtail was, lol!  Here's what I came up with...


 


The rose image is from the Roses are Red Set and the sentiment is from the Inside & Out You Set.  These are 2 of the sets I won from them a couple of weeks ago for the new release.  I love this rose image and I can't wait to color the larger rose image from the set!  I colored this image with my pencils and mineral spirits and accented it a little with a marker.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Flourishes FTTC204 - Fishtail, pearls, & circle
Word Art Wednesday #64 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #64 - Valentine's Day/Love & Ribbon

Card recipe:

Stamps: Roses are Red, Inside and Out You (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Dill, Burgandy (Recollections), mauve (DCWV), Blush (Basic Grey)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Wheat (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Adhesive pearls (Recollections), White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), corner rounder, square punch, circles, scalloped circles, Marvelous Squares Dies (Spellbinders), sponge, Old English LaPlumme Marker, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Pink Rose, Black Raspberry, Marine Green, Kelp Green, Black.

I hope you enjoyed my card today!

Blessings! 

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you this morning, Kathy. I always feel that when God lays someone specific on our hearts, that it means we need to pray for them, and so....please know that I prayed for you today. I hope you're having a great weekend, and that your week will be filled with God's blessings on your life. Your card is beautiful, as they always are...LOVE the purple, and I'm SO grateful every time you share a card in our challenges. Your talents are such a blessing and encouragement to me and to all the people who get the pleasure of seeing your work. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing, and enjoy your week. Lots of love coming your way!!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Hands down the most beautiful card I have seen this week. That green pearl on the white bow is a great look. Such clean lines, a great work of art.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy....Thud went my heart....wow This is GORGEOUS!!....love the rose, I must check into this, and what is a fish-tail?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Kathy your card is absolutely Beautiful hun! I LOVE the colors on this :) Beautiful job

    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Challenge this week!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS Kathy!! Such beautiful coloring and an amazing design - just breathtaking! Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, this is as stunning as ever!! I could look at your cards all day, and this one is as perfect as perfect can be! I love the way you colored the rose and designed your card :)

    Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!!
    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo pretty! Thanks for joing in at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo pretty! Thanks for joing in at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!