Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Inspiration

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration with Heartfelt Creations!


(You can click on the photo for a closer look)


This week I have the second butterfly image from the Butterfly Melody Set.  I used the same color combination of yellow and turquoise as I did before.  I love this combination together, it's so vibrant and cheerful!  I stamped the image twice, partially colored the base and fully colored and fussy cut the second.  Next time, I would do this only to the butterfly, I think it would be prettier that way!  You can see the full instruction for this at the bottom of my post.

I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #70 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy



Butterfly Melody

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:

Product ID: SF03598 - Prismacolor Pencil Set 48 pc.

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Rain (Bazzills), So Saffron (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Decorative Labels One (Spellbinders), White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, adhesive pearls, Buttercup Liquid Pearls, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Jasmine, Goldenrod, Muted Turquoise, Cobalt Turquoise, Black, Olive Green

Instructions:
Card base:  Cut Rain Cardstock 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", score 4 1/4", crease.  Cut mat with So Saffron at 4” x 4” and glue to card base.
Image: On Solar White with Onyx Black, stamp butterfly image twice.  On one color all outside portions of image and die cut with Decorative Labels One.  On second image, color flowers and butterfly complete, fussy cut, and add to first image with pop dots.  Glue image to base.  Add liquid and adhesive pearls, and bow as shown.

18 comments:

  1. I don't think my comment came through before. I do love this and those colors on the butterfly are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a beauty! Clean, crisp and fantasticly colored!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring of this pretty butterfly Kathy. Beautiful card design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Kathy. I love to fussy cut and raise things up with the 3D effect too. I think it is so much better than masking. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love popping over to see what you did! Stunning as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, Kathy.
    Hugs,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!Beautiful card,Love that butterflt,and the blue...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I immediately thought of my Mother-in-Law when I saw this card. She loves butterflies, and I know if she saw this she would be RAVING! So, on behalf of her (and myself, of course) I say WOW!!! Gorgeous colors and so much attention to detail. Thank you for sharing it with us. When you share the talents God has blessed you with, it bring such joy to others. I thank you SO MUCH and really hope you can comprehend my level of gratitude to you for sharing your time and talents in our challenges.
    God's blessings on you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I LOVE the colors and the stamps you used! Of course I love heartfelt Creations, they are always soo beautiful!!! LOVE your coloring too!!! Beautiful card!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! I love how you colored the butterfly, the highlights are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kathy!! Love the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy...this is stunning!! Now I LOVE butterflies...so this hit me right in the spot...and my fav. colour is blue...double hit...so I LOVE it!! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, what a pretty card! Love the butterfly and the intricate coloring of it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous... Can I learn to color from you? Love the butterfly and gorgeous shading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy, I love your many beautiful cards. They are truly inspiring. I have a question about a card you created back in Aug, 2012 called "Special Pup" Do you know if that stamp is still available?
    Thanks for sharing your creative talents with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Terri! Unfortunately, the Special Puppy Stamp was retired in December 2012. It is such a cute puppy too! Blessings! Kathy

      Delete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!