Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Believe - Heartfelt Creations


Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas with family and friends!  We're looking forward to a fun day together here in our new home!

Today I have a Christmas card to show you for Heartfelt Creations using one of the card fronts in their Christmas Card Collection Designer Papers. 



These card fronts make card making so easy!  I didn't do any stamping or anything on this!  I cut the card front from the designer paper, matted it with tan cardstock, wrapped it with some twine, and added it to a card base with pop dots.  It doesn't get much easier than that!

To embellish my card, I added bows, a button with twine, and a tag also cut from the designer paper.

I'm submitting this to the following Challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #112 - Anything Goes

I pray you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

Blessings!

Kathy

Believe

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCDP1 236 - Christmas Card Paper Collection
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal

Other Products Used:
Paper: Early Espress (SU), tan (Recollections)
Ink: Forest Moss Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Brown Sheer Organza with Satin Center, Moss Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), twine (American Crafts), Bow-Easy, sponge, button

Instructions: Card measures 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" square with Early Espresso cardstock.  Cut card front (shown) from designer paper, ink edges with Forest Moss, and mat with tan cardstock measuring 5 3/16" x 5 3/16".  Wrap jute string around card front/mat three times as shown and secure in place.  Add to card base with pop dots.  Cut sentiment tag from designer paper and add as shown with pop dots.  Add bows with ribbon, jute string, and button with twine bow.


 

10 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    I was really impressed with your stamping abilities but when I read your entry even then I could barely believe it. You certainly have a great layout and color scheme.Thank you for sharing this beautiful art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Merry Christmas,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love those card fronts for those times you need to get a lovely card together quickly, Beautiful embellishing!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! Hope you are enjoying your first Christmas in Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous sentiment stamp. The muted natural colors on this card are really lovely. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Kathy. I hope that you Christmas has been filled with blessings and great joy. I'm so grateful to have you in my life, and I thank you SO much for sharing in our challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! I must check out those card fronts...Hope you had a very nice Christmas in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, very warm and rugged feeling in a way. Fabulous design Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Kathy. Hope it's a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! Love your colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!