Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

CottageCutz - Floral Thank You


Happy Wednesday!

Today I have a decorated gift bag with a matching mini notecard and envelope to show you using lots of beautiful CottageCutz Dies!  Here's the complete set!



I found these little White Paper Sacks (1 lb. - 3.5"x 2" x 6.75") at Michaels that I thought would be cute decorated for a gift!  All I did was add the Springtime Floral Die cut in white and colored with chalk inks, a piece of Fancy Floral Lace Border cut in white and a bow with a pearl.  Here's a close up of the die cut on the bag.




I made a little notecard with white card stock that measures 2 3/8" square so it would fit in the Elegant Envelope.  I decorated the notecard with the Spring Label Die cut with white card stock and colored the same way as the bag.  I then added the Thank You Die cut with white card stock to the label.  Here's a close up of the notecard.




For the envelope, I cut the Elegant Envelope Die with white card stock and decorated it with the Flower w/Cutouts (flower) and Plumeria & Leaves (leaves) all colored with chalk inks.  I added some pearls and a little Diamond Stickles around the pearl in the flower center.  On the back flap of the envelope, I add a small piece cut from the Springtime Floral Die that I colored to match the other pieces.  Here's a little close up for you!




I LOVE this little envelope!  It's perfect for little notecards to go with gifts!

These are the dies I used on my project.










Project Recipe:

Paper: White (Recollections)
Ink: Caribbean Blue (PowderPuffs - QuickQuotes), Aloe Vera, Thatched Straw (VersaMagic)
Accessories: White Paper Sacks (Celebrate It - Michaels), White Seam Binding, Bow-Easy (Really Reasonable Ribbon), fatback pearl, Diamond Stickles (Ranger), adhesive pearls.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #126 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #92 - Flowers or Buttons & Bows

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. These are so lovely Kathy! I love the CottageCutz idea! Very clever, and oh so beautiful!! Thank you so much for giving us great ideas! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The die cuts are so beautiful. Delicate with the richness of the color. I really like the off centred oval. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, this is so elegant and beautiful! I love the tag and the matching note, too. Your use of ribbon is fabulous. I hope you went out for this design team...you would be such a perfect match! Thanks for playing along in RRR Challenge 92: Flowers, Buttons and Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bow. Really pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at RRR.
    Jenn
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gift set! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!