Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Deer Special Moments


Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and wonderful time with friends and family! We spent it with our neighbors who have become like family :)

I have another card for you this week using the Woodsy Wonderland Collection! So much fun creating these cute forest scenes!





I used the Woodsy Critters and Woodsy Treescape Sets and matching dies for my scene. The deer and grass are all one piece and the trees were cut apart from a tree border piece.

All the images were colored with pencils and mineral spirits. The background for the scene and the outside panel are from the designer papers and are placed on a green card base and brown mat.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see the wonderful inspiration from the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #262-263 - Anything Goes

Thank so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Deer Special Moments

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3766 - Woodsy Treescape Set
HCPC 3768 - Woodsy Critters Set
HCD1 7122 - Woodsy Landscape Die
HCD1 7124 - Woodsy Critters Die
HCD2 750 - Cut Mat Create 1B Die
HCDP1 273 - Woodsy Wonderland Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Stampin Up Early Espresso, green; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Quick Quotes Mocha Mama, Green Tea; Accessories: button, Bow-Easy Tool, Brown Burlap String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), adhesive pearls, pop dots, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Light Umber, Dark Brown, Espresso, Chocolate, Cool Grey 10%, 70%, Sage Green, Olive Green, Kelp Green, Peach Beige, Marine Green

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut green cardstock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", score at 4 1/4" and fold to make card base. Cut Espresso 4 1/16" x 5 5/16" and add to base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Trim card panel (pictured) from designer paper, die cut center with Medium Rounded Rectangle from Cut Mat Create 1B Die and ink edges with Mocha Mama. Find card panel in designer paper with small sentiment in top left corner, trim to fit inside "window" as shown. Tape behind mat to secure in place. Glue to Early Espresso mat.

On Solar White with Onyx Black, stamp 3 deer (Woodsy Critters Set), birch tree and tree border (Woodsy Treescape Set). Color 3 deer, birch tree and the far right tree from the tree border with pencils and mineral spirits. Die cut with matching dies from Woodsy Critters Die and Woodsy Landscape Die. Trim single tree from border. Inks edges of die cuts with Green Tea and Mocha Mama. Add trees as pictured using pop dots under foliage and glue under tree trunks. Add deer using pop dots under deer and glue under grass on bottom.

Add adhesive pearls. Make multi-loop bow with Brown Burlap String using Bow-Easy Tool. Add as pictured using glue dots. Thread button with string and add to bow center with glue dots.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, this is such a gorgeous card! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!